Maddox, you are two weeks old (as of this past Wednesday)! You have been such a blessing to me and your daddy, and we cannot imagine our lives without you. I have never been so excited to lose sleep in my life! You have already changed so much since you were born.
- You weighed 7 lbs. 9.2 oz. when you were born and weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. when we left the hospital; you were also 20 inches long.
- At your one week check-up, you weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz.
- At your two week check-up, you weighed 8 lbs. and was 20 1/4” long- you are such a growing boy!
- When you were born, your eyes were dark blue and are now turning brown.
- You hated your bouncer at first, but now you LOVE it! I can turn on the music anytime during the time and it calms you. You are still too small for your swing though.
- Our first week was rough because your daddy was taking the bar, and I had to take care of all the dirty diapers, feedings, etc. by myself. Because I had a c-section, I could not cradle you to feed you or even burp you for very long because it hurt my stomach too much. We practically lived upstairs that first week- climbing up and down the stairs was torture! Your daddy and I alternate waking up and changing your diaper/feeding and that gives us each a few hours of sleep. I am so thankful I have your daddy helping me…he is the best!
- During the day you nap twice a day for 2-3 hours and at night you sleep 3-4 hours between feedings. Lately, you have been getting your days and nights mixed up, but we are working on that!
Your daddy and I love you so much, and these past two weeks have been the best weeks of our lives!