I can't believe I forgot to post this! I guess I got wrapped up in the holiday season and forgot! Oh well, better a week late than never!
Maddox, I cannot believe you are five months old! Each and every day you are growing into a little boy. This makes mommy really sad. You are starting to develop a temper. When you are not happy, you kick your legs and shake your hands. It is so funny (for now)! This month has been the best yet! You are so much fun to play with. You get so excited about the smallest things. I love you at this age.
So, what have you been up to?
- You have rolled over a few times. Only a few because you are rarely on your tummy because you scream at the top of your lungs, and I pick you up because I can't stand for you to be upset. Oops! :)
- You wear a size 3 diaper
- Three weeks ago you weighed 16 lbs. 1 oz, so I am anxious to see how much you have gained when we go back next month
- You wear 3-6 month clothing and some 6 months, depending on the brand
- You wear a size 2 in shoes
- You have a baby giraffe now and you chew on his legs like there is no tomorrow. Your daddy actually has to drain your slobber of the giraffe's legs!
- You are starting to not like your swing so much. I guess it bores you.
- You love your jumper and activity station. I seriously think you can jump and watch your Baby Einstein videos all day!
- You love baby food and oatmeal. Rice cereal- not so much! You eat prunes, peaches, pears, bananas, green beans, carrots, squash and sweet potatoes.
- You still love bath time. You actually cry now when I take you out. You used to cry when I put you in the tub, but now you love it!
- You "talk" all the time! I can be in the back putting up laundry, and I hear you jabbering all the way in the living room! It is the sweetest sound! You look at us with such a serious face as if we are carrying on a conversation.
- You adore your daddy! He can walk into the house after work, and your face lights up! It is so sweet, and it makes your daddy's day to see the big smile on your face!
- You still take about 3 naps during the day and still sleep all night. You are usually down for the night around 8 and wake up around 7.
- My favorite part of the day is getting you out of your bed in the mornings because you have the biggest smile on your face and you start kicking up a storm. I think you are very excited to see me or you know you are about to get a bottle! I like to think it's me! ;)
Maddox, we are blessed to have you in our lives! We cannot imagine our lives without you, and we love you very much! Happy 5 Months, Buddy!