12 June, 2010

Show Us Your Life- China Patterns

So I know I am a few days last on posting this, but I am 33 weeks pregnant and getting lazier by the day!  I love reading the Show Us Your Life posts over at Kelly’s Korner.  This week is all about china patterns.  When we got engaged, my sweet MIL told me she would buy our china for us as a wedding gift.  At first I contemplated getting the Mikasa Parchment set, but I didn’t think we would use it at all.  I mean, we were moving to Baton Rouge for Wade to start law school- and let’s face it- we knew we wouldn’t be throwing any dinner parties and would probably have to eat off the Dollar Menu at Mickey D’s for the first few months! Ha! 

So, with that in mind, I chose the Butler’s Pantry pattern by Lenox.  It is beautiful, and I just adore it!  I think it can be used as casual dinnerware or even if you were throwing a dinner party.  I must say that about 75% of the time we use paper plates, so these have RARELY been used!  Both of these sets are Butler’s Pantry and look great mixed together.  I also have a platter and the salt and pepper shakers.  Did I mention it is very reasonably priced- only $150 for a 16 pc set!  Can’t wait to see what everyone else chose or will choose!

Butler's Pantry 2

Butler's Pantry

No comments:

Post a Comment