15 January, 2010

12 weeks

I went to the doctor this past Tuesday, and we finally got to hear the heartbeat!  It was the best sound I have ever heard.  It took the doctor a little while to find the heartbeat so I was kinda freaking out, but she finally found it and peanut was so hyper!  My doctor said he/she was dancing!  So cute!  The heartbeat was around 170...will it start to slow down and then reach it's steady rate or is this a sign it's going to be a girl?!  I really hope this will be my last week of "all day" sickness, but I am going to enjoy it because everything is going by so quickly!  I can't believe next Friday I will start my second trimester!

How far along? 12 weeks

How big is Baby? 2.1 inches and the size of a plum
Total weight gain/loss:  I guess my scales are different from the doctor's because I have gained zero.  If I haven't gained any weight by the next appointment, I will be in a tad bit of trouble!
Maternity clothes?  not yet, but I think I am going to buy some pants this weekend!
Stretch marks? No, and I hope it stays that way!
Sleep:  okay I guess.  I wake up a few times to go to the bathroom
Best moment this week:  Hearing peanut's heartbeat...it was music to our ears!
Movement: too soon
Food cravings: I like bland foods like tomato soup, chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.
Gender: Too soon to know, but it doesn't matter as long as it's healthy!
Labor Signs: none
Belly Button in or out?  in
What I am looking forward to:  starting the second trimester!
Milestones:  My last week of the first trimester!  This is going by so fast!

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog and wanted to say hi and congrats! I'm 23 weeks along and it seems like just yesterday I was 12...you're right; it will fly by! Hope you get to feeling better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better this week! :) Both of my girls had high heart rates that ranged from 160-high 140's toward the very end. How exciting can't wait to hear what you are having!!!

    ReplyDelete