Maddox, you are 2 months old today! What have you been up to?
- At your last doctor’s appointment on 9/7/10, you weighed 11 lbs. 2 oz. I am pretty sure you weigh over 12 lbs. now. You are one healthy little boy!
- You eat 5 oz. every 3-4 hours
- We found out you are allergic to cow’s milk, so you are now on a Soy formula. You have been such a happy baby. After being on the Soy formula for a week, your face cleared up and you began pooping every day! Yay! When you were on the regular formula, you were not a happy camper on the days you didn’t poop. I guess your belly hurt all the time. :(
- You generally sleep through the night. Occasionally, you will wake up if you have a wet diaper. I change you and then you go right back to sleep. You normally sleep from 11-7. I will feed you at 7 and you go back to sleep until 9 am. Mommy loves this!
- You love taking a bath! When I undress you, you give me a serious look as if you are about to cry, but once you are in the water, you are all smiles!
- You love your swing. If you are pitching a fit (which you do a lot now that you fight your sleep during the day), we put you in your swing, and you suddenly get still. It has been a lifesaver!
- You love your carseat and stroller. You know that you are going somewhere when we buckle you in, and you get really excited and start “panting”. When we go shopping, we put you in the stroller, and you can sleep for hours! This has been really helpful since Mommy likes to shop! :)
- We got you a mobile to put on your crib, and this is how you fall asleep every night. We turn on the music and the light show, and you play for about 15 minutes and then fall asleep. My favorite part of the day is when we put you down at night and watch you reach for the animals on the mobile. You have the biggest grin on your face, and I know you want to laugh really bad.
- You smiled for the first time on Labor Day, 9/6/10. I will never forget this. We were playing peek-a-boo and all of sudden, you had the biggest grin on your face. It melted my heart. I couldn’t help but tear up. Now you smile all the time.
- You have outgrown your newborn clothes. You wear 3 months and 3-6 months. You are still in size 1 diapers.
- As of last week, you love your Baby Einstein play gym. Every morning and afternoon after you finish eating, we play on this for about 30 minutes. One day while you were playing, I stepped out of the room, and when I came back in, you were zonked out! You had your arms up by your head, and I knew you had worn yourself out!
- You are trying to roll over. We have had the worst luck with putting you on your stomach. You will scream bloody murder when you are on your stomach. You start kicking really hard and raising your head up, and you are almost able to roll over. When we put you on your back, you are fine. I guess you just really hate being on your stomach.
- You love lights and ceiling fans. When you spot a ceiling fan, you can stare at it for 10 minutes straight, like you are being hypnotized. We can’t break your attention from it. It is the funniest thing.
Maddox, you mean the world to us, and we are so glad God gave you to us. You have been our greatest blessing, and we look forward to watching you grow and learn new things every day! Thank you for being our son! :)
I didn’t get any pictures of you today, but I will take some tomorrow before you get your shots. :(