21 March, 2010

21 Weeks, Registry and Birthday

Hope everyone had a great weekend!   We sure did, but it was a very busy one!  This past Friday was  my half day to work, so Wade picked me up to celebrate my birthday (the big 25!), and he said we could do whatever I wanted.  Boy, is he regretting he said that!  A lot of friends have been asking if I had registered yet, so I told Wade I wanted to go to Babies R Us and register, and he reluctantly agreed.   First of all, registering is not me…at all.   I hated to do our wedding registry, so I was not looking forward to registering again.  We walked in, and suddenly I became so excited!   Looking at all the little boy clothes that I would love to see Maddox in was just awesome!  We have been blessed immensely with the gifts we have received so far for our baby.  It seems even more real now that we have his stroller, crib and play yard already bought off our registry, and we can’t be more excited about his arrival!  

Friday night we went to the LSU/AR baseball game, and we got our butts kicked, but we still had a good time!  Saturday, we watched The Bounty Hunter with Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler, and we were kinda disappointed.  I guess we had high expectations because of the previews, and I am a HUGE Gerard Butler fan, but this movie didn’t do it for me.  After the movie, we went to Longhorn Steakhouse for an early dinner.  We ordered the shrimp and lobster dip which was FABULOUS!  The appetizer was actually the best part of our meal!  Wade ordered the ribeye which was not seasoned well at all, and I ordered grilled chicken with a stuffed mushroom and loaded baked potato.  The chicken reminded me of a turkey breast with turkey gravy at Thanksgiving…way too much Sage in the gravy!  Not to mention, my potato was cold!  All in all, I had a great birthday, and I cannot wait to celebrate it next year because I will be a Mommy! :) 

Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along:  21 weeks 2 days
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I’m shooting for 5 at my next doctor’s appt!
Maternity Clothes: need more!
Best Moment this week:  Feeling Maddox move A LOT!  I think he is doing flips or something in there!  He is very active after I’ve been on my feet a while and then decide to sit down…he thinks it’s time to play then!  
Gender:  It’s a boy!  Maddox Wade!
Movement: yes, and it is amazing!
Food Craving:  pickles, fruit, Italian
What I miss: cold turkey sandwiches and sleeping on my stomach!
Sleep: Wish I could get more of it!   I am constantly waking up and catching myself sleeping on my back or going to potty!
What I am looking forward to:  my next ultrasound on March 30!
Belly Button:  it’s about to pop!
Symptoms: left hip pain and low back pain

1 comment: